Welcome to my latest blog post! In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the Volkswagen Atlas. The Atlas is Volkswagen’s flagship SUV with a lot to offer. It’s become increasingly popular in recent years thanks to its spacious interior, smooth ride, and impressive power under the hood. Whether you’re in the market for a new car or simply want to learn more about the Atlas, you’re in the right place.
When it comes to SUVs, the Volkswagen Atlas is in a league of its own. This stylish and modern vehicle has quickly become a favorite among SUV enthusiasts and families alike. If you’re looking for a spacious and comfortable ride that doesn’t compromise on performance, the Atlas may be the perfect car for you. So, without further ado, let’s dive in and discover all that this impressive vehicle has to offer!
Volkswagen Atlas: A Comprehensive Review
Overview of Volkswagen Atlas
The Volkswagen Atlas is a mid-size SUV that comes with a spacious and modern interior and advanced technology features. This SUV offers a comfortable ride, impressive fuel efficiency, and a range of safety features that make it an excellent choice for families.
The 2021 Volkswagen Atlas offers two engine options – a 235-horsepower turbocharged four-cylinder and a 276-horsepower V6. Both engines pair with an eight-speed automatic transmission, and the VW Atlas offers both front and all-wheel-drive configurations.
The Atlas also comes with a comprehensive warranty, which includes a six-year/72,000-mile limited warranty for all new models. The extended warranty offers peace of mind for drivers, and the Atlas’s build quality gives confidence that it will last for years to come.
Comfort and Convenience
When it comes to comfort and convenience, the Volkswagen Atlas is ready to impress. This SUV has a spacious cabin that can comfortably seat seven passengers. The second row features a sliding and reclining function, providing ample legroom for passengers.
The Atlas also offers a tri-zone automatic climate control system that keeps all passengers comfortable. The ventilation is well-distributed, and the system is reasonably quiet, allowing for a relaxing ride.
The VW Atlas also comes with an excellent infotainment system that boasts an 8.0-inch touchscreen display, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, and Bluetooth connectivity. The premium audio system delivers immersive sound, making long drives more enjoyable.
The Atlas can also be equipped with a panoramic sunroof, which enhances the luxurious feel of the cabin. The sunroof spans over three rows, and it’s power-operated, making it easy to use.
Performance and Handling
The Volkswagen Atlas is designed to deliver an excellent driving experience, with a V6 engine that produces 276 horsepower, and a turbocharged four-cylinder engine that delivers a respectable 235 horsepower. Both engines are paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission that provides quick and smooth gear changes.
The Atlas has a stable and comfortable ride, making it an excellent option for long road trips. The steering is very responsive, and the handling is sharp, making it easy to maneuver around tight corners.
Moreover, the Atlas is also capable of off-roading. It has a ground clearance of 8.0 inches, which is higher than most of its competitors. The Atlas also comes with all-wheel drive, making it capable of tackling most off-road terrain.
The fuel economy of the Atlas is also impressive, with the base model offering up to 24 MPG combined. This SUV has a big gas tank with a 18.6-gallon capacity, which means drivers can go on a long drive without worrying about running out of gas.
Overall, the Volkswagen Atlas is an excellent mid-size SUV that offers a comfortable ride, spacious interior, advanced technology features, and impressive performance and handling. The Atlas is built to last, and it’s an excellent choice for families or anyone who wants a reliable and practical vehicle.
Pros and Cons of Volkswagen Atlas
When it comes to SUVs that can comfortably fit the whole family, the Volkswagen Atlas stands out. While it does come with its own advantages, it also has its fair share of disadvantages. This section will take a look at the pros and cons of the Volkswagen Atlas and how it stacks up against its competitors.
Advantages of Volkswagen Atlas
The Volkswagen Atlas offers many advantages for families looking for a spacious SUV. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Spacious Cabin: One of the biggest advantages of the Volkswagen Atlas is the ample space it provides inside. With three rows of seating, this SUV can comfortably accommodate up to seven people. Even with all seats occupied, there is still plenty of legroom and headroom for everyone.
- Numerous Safety Features: The Volkswagen Atlas comes packed with safety features that provide peace of mind when driving. These include blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, automatic emergency braking, and adaptive cruise control.
- Comfortable Ride Quality: The Volkswagen Atlas offers a smooth and comfortable ride, even on bumpy roads. The suspension system does an excellent job of absorbing shocks, which makes for a pleasant driving experience for both the driver and passengers.
Disadvantages of Volkswagen Atlas
While the Volkswagen Atlas does offer several benefits, there are also some disadvantages that you should be aware of before purchasing this SUV. Here are some of the drawbacks:
- Fuel Economy: The fuel economy of the Volkswagen Atlas is not the best in its class. With an average of 20 MPG combined (18 MPG in the city and 24 MPG on the highway), it may not be the best choice for those who prioritize fuel efficiency.
- Heavy Weight: The Volkswagen Atlas is a heavy SUV, which can affect its performance. It may not feel as responsive as some of its competitors, especially when it comes to acceleration and handling.
- Limited Third-Row Space: While the third row of the Volkswagen Atlas offers decent legroom, it may not be the most comfortable for taller passengers. The limited headroom may also be an issue for some individuals.
Comparison with Rivals
The Volkswagen Atlas is not the only option in the midsize SUV market. There are several competitors that you should consider when looking for a new family vehicle. Here are some comparisons of the Volkswagen Atlas with its rival SUVs:
- Price: The Volkswagen Atlas is priced competitively with its rivals. While it may not be the cheapest option, it offers good value for what it offers.
- Features: The Volkswagen Atlas comes with many features that make it stand out from its competitors. Its safety features, in particular, are impressive and provide peace of mind when driving.
- Performance: While the Volkswagen Atlas is not the most powerful SUV in its class, it still provides a smooth and comfortable ride. Its handling is not as sharp as some of its competitors, but it still offers a pleasant driving experience.
Ultimately, the Volkswagen Atlas is a great choice for families looking for a spacious SUV with many safety features. While it may not be the most fuel-efficient or the most agile SUV in its class, it still provides good value for what it offers. Take the time to compare it with its competitors and see which SUV is the best fit for your family.
Volkswagen Atlas: Maintenance and Repair
Regular Maintenance and Service
Maintaining the Volkswagen Atlas is an important factor in keeping it running in excellent condition for many years to come. Regular maintenance and service are essential in ensuring that your vehicle runs smoothly and safely. There are a few key areas in which the Atlas should be serviced periodically, including oil changes, tire rotation, and brake inspections.
Oil changes should be done according to the manufacturer’s recommendations, typically every 5,000 to 10,000 miles, or annually for low mileage drivers. By regularly changing the oil, you can avoid sludge buildup, prevent overheating and extend the life of your engine. It is also important to check your tires on a regular basis to ensure proper inflation and wear. Tires should be rotated every 6,000 miles, as uneven wear can lead to poor handling and decreased fuel efficiency. Brake inspections are also important to ensure that your vehicle can stop safely when needed. Brake pads, rotors, and calipers should be checked regularly to keep them in good working condition.
Common Problems and Solutions
Although the Volkswagen Atlas is a reliable SUV, some common problems might arise with this vehicle. Here are some of the common problems and their fixes:
One of the most common issues with the Volkswagen Atlas is a glitchy infotainment system. Sometimes the system freezes, or the screen goes black. The solution to this problem is usually a simple software update. It’s also important to clean the screen and any buttons regularly with a microfiber cloth to prevent dust and debris from building up.
Another issue is with the panoramic sunroof, which can leak if the drainage system becomes clogged. To prevent this problem, it’s important to regularly check and clean the drainage system, especially after heavy rainfall.
Lastly, some Atlas models may experience a vibration when driving at freeway speeds. The fix for this issue is to replace the driveshaft, which connects the engine to the wheels. A new driveshaft should eliminate the issue and provide a smoother ride overall.
Volkswagen Atlas: Warranty and Support
Volkswagen Atlas comes with a standard 4-year, 50,000-mile warranty. This warranty covers any defects in materials and workmanship. Additionally, VW offers a powertrain warranty for five years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. This warranty covers the engine, transmission, and other related components. VW also offers roadside assistance for the duration of the warranty at no additional charge.
If you need assistance outside of roadside assistance, Volkswagen has a vast dealership network across the country that can help. These dealerships have trained mechanics who specialize in Volkswagen models, so you can have peace of mind knowing that your vehicle is in good hands.
Overall, Volkswagen Atlas maintenance and repairs are relatively straightforward and easy to perform. By staying on top of regular maintenance, keeping an eye out for common issues, and taking advantage of VW’s warranty and support, you can enjoy your vehicle for many years to come.
Volkswagen Atlas: Buying Guide
The Volkswagen Atlas is a mid-size SUV that offers a spacious cabin, powerful performance, and a refined ride. However, with several trim levels to choose from, finding the right model for you can be challenging. In this guide, we will help you choose the right trim level, find the best deals, and test drive the Volkswagen Atlas.
Finding the Right Trim Level
The Volkswagen Atlas comes in seven different trim levels: S, SE, SE with Technology, SE with Technology R-Line, SEL, SEL R-Line, and SEL Premium. The first four trims come with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, while the remaining three trims come with a more potent 3.6-liter V6 engine. Here’s what you need to know about each trim:
- The S trim is the base model, and it comes with standard features like LED headlights, 18-inch alloy wheels, and a 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
- The SE trim adds more convenience features like a power liftgate, adaptive cruise control, and blind-spot monitoring.
- The SE with Technology trim includes all the features of the SE trim plus a larger infotainment system, a panoramic sunroof, and a remote start system.
- The SE with Technology R-Line adds a sporty look with 20-inch wheels, a unique front bumper, and sporty interior accents.
- The SEL trim includes even more features like a digital cockpit, leather seats, and a premium sound system.
- The SEL R-Line adds a sportier look with 21-inch wheels, a blacked-out exterior trim, and a different front and rear bumper design.
- The SEL Premium is the top-of-the-line model and comes fully loaded with all the features of the SEL trim plus a 360-degree camera system, a park-assist system, and a heated steering wheel.
When choosing the right trim level, consider your budget and the features you find necessary, as higher trims can add up quickly.
Finding the Best Deals
Getting a good deal on a Volkswagen Atlas requires some negotiation skills. Here are some tips:
- Shop around and compare prices at different dealerships.
- Consider financing options and lease deals that may work better for your budget.
- Research any incentives or rebates that may be available, such as loyalty programs or military discounts.
- Be open to negotiating the price, and don’t be afraid to walk away if the deal isn’t right.
Remember that getting a good deal is not just about the price but also the overall value of the vehicle, including features, reliability, and resale value. Be sure to factor these aspects into your decision-making process.
Test Driving Volkswagen Atlas
Test driving the Volkswagen Atlas is essential to determine if it is the right vehicle for you. Here’s what you should consider:
- Handling: Test drive the Atlas on different terrains, such as highways, city streets, and curvy roads, to get a sense of its handling and maneuverability.
- Acceleration: Evaluate the Atlas’s acceleration and response time, especially when merging onto highways or passing other vehicles.
- Braking: Test the brakes to ensure they are responsive and provide enough stopping power.
- Comfort: Make sure the Atlas is comfortable for you and your passengers, taking into account things like seat comfort and visibility.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions or take your time during the test drive. After all, you’re investing in a vehicle that you will likely use for several years.
In conclusion, the Volkswagen Atlas is a versatile SUV that offers a range of trims to fit different needs and budgets. By following the tips above, you can find the right trim level, negotiate a good deal, and make an informed decision during the test drive. Good luck and happy shopping!
Thank You for Joining Us on the Volkswagen Atlas Adventure
We hope this article has given you a taste of what the Volkswagen Atlas can offer as a powerful and luxurious SUV. Whether you’re looking for advanced technology features, impressive performance, or a spacious and comfortable interior, the Atlas has it all. We encourage you to take a test drive and experience the Atlas for yourself. We’d love to hear your feedback and thoughts on this impressive vehicle. Thank you for reading and we hope to see you again soon for more exciting automotive news and reviews.
What are the safety features of the Volkswagen Atlas?
The Atlas comes with an array of safety features, such as forward-collision warning, automated emergency braking, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, and lane-departure warning.
What is the seating capacity of the Volkswagen Atlas?
The Atlas can seat up to seven passengers comfortably, with spacious legroom and ample cargo space.
What is the engine capacity of the Volkswagen Atlas?
The Atlas comes with a standard 2.0-liter, 4-cylinder turbocharged engine, or an optional 3.6-liter V6 engine.
What is the fuel economy rating of the Volkswagen Atlas?
The Atlas has an EPA-estimated fuel economy rating of up to 23 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway.
Does the Volkswagen Atlas come with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto?
Yes, the Atlas comes with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility.
What is the warranty coverage for the Volkswagen Atlas?
The Atlas comes with a 4-year/50,000-mile limited warranty, 2-year/20,000-mile scheduled maintenance, and 7-year/100,000-mile rust-perforation warranty.
What is the starting price of the Volkswagen Atlas?
The Atlas has a starting price of around $31,000.
What is the towing capacity of the Volkswagen Atlas?
The Atlas has a high towing capacity of up to 5,000 pounds, making it a great choice for towing a boat or trailer.
What is the difference between the Volkswagen Atlas and Tiguan?
The Atlas is larger than the Tiguan, with more seating and cargo space. The Atlas also has a more powerful engine option and can tow more weight.
What are the color options for the Volkswagen Atlas?
The Atlas is available in several colors, including Platinum Gray Metallic, Deep Black Pearl, Tourmaline Blue Metallic, and Pure White.