Hey there, fellow adventurers! If you’re in the market for a trusty, reliable truck that can take you anywhere you want to go and beyond, look no further than the Toyota Tacoma 2021. This iconic midsize pickup has been one of the most beloved vehicles on the road for decades, and for good reason. With its rugged good looks, unbeatable off-road capabilities, and cutting-edge features, the 2021 Toyota Tacoma is the ultimate vehicle for those who crave adventure and exploration.
In this ultimate guide, we’ll take a deep dive into the 2021 Toyota Tacoma’s features, specs, and more, so you can get a comprehensive idea of what this fantastic vehicle has to offer. We’ll also share some tips and tricks for getting the most out of your Tacoma, whether you’re using it for work, play, or anything in between. So buckle up, grab a cup of coffee, and get ready to learn everything you need to know about the Toyota Tacoma 2021.
Introducing the Toyota Tacoma 2021
The Toyota Tacoma is a popular compact pickup truck that has been around for more than two decades. It is known for its reliability, durability, and off-road capability. The 2021 Tacoma model has been updated with exciting new features and upgrades that make it even more appealing to potential buyers. In this article, we will take a closer look at the design, performance, and trim options of the 2021 Toyota Tacoma.
An Overview of the 2021 Model
The 2021 Toyota Tacoma is available in six trim levels, including the SR, SR5, TRD Sport, TRD Off-Road, Limited, and TRD Pro. Each trim level comes with a unique set of features and upgrades. Some of the new features include a power-adjustable driver’s seat, a 360-degree camera system, improved infotainment system, and smartphone integration via Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The Tacoma’s safety features have also been updated, such as adaptive cruise control and lane departure warning.
Under the hood, the 2021 Toyota Tacoma comes with two engine options: a 2.7-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 159 horsepower and a 3.5-liter V6 that puts out 278 horsepower. Both engines are paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. Rear-wheel drive is standard, but four-wheel drive is available as an option. The Tacoma’s towing capacity ranges from 3,500 to 6,800 pounds depending on the trim level and configuration.
Design and Performance
The Toyota Tacoma’s exterior design is bold and rugged, with a hexagonal grille, sharp headlights, and flared fenders. The 2021 model also comes with new color options, including Army Green and Lunar Rock. The TRD off-road models come with additional equipment such as skid plates, off-road tires, and Bilstein shocks. The TRD Pro trim level is the most off-road capable model in the lineup, with features such as a Fox suspension system, a locking rear differential, and a skid plate. The Tacoma’s interior is practical and comfortable, with durable materials and straightforward controls. The technology updates for 2021 make the Tacoma’s infotainment system more user-friendly.
The Toyota Tacoma’s performance is impressive, especially for off-road enthusiasts. The truck has high ground clearance, good approach and departure angles, and a locking rear differential on some trim levels. The TRD Pro version’s Fox suspension system is specifically tuned for off-road use, making it a capable rock crawler. The Tacoma’s ride quality is smooth, thanks to its stiff frame and well-tuned suspension. However, some models’ fuel efficiency could be better.
Trim Options and Pricing
The 2021 Toyota Tacoma is available in six different trim levels, ranging from the base model SR to the top-of-the-line TRD Pro. The base model SR starts at $26,150, while the TRD Pro starts at $44,325. The mid-range TRD Off-Road trim level starts at $34,000, offering a selection of off-road-specific features. The Limited trim level comes with upscale interior materials and starts at $39,925.
Overall, the 2021 Toyota Tacoma is an impressive compact pickup truck that offers excellent performance and off-road capability. The new features and updates make it even more appealing to potential buyers. Whether you’re looking for a practical work truck or an off-road adventure vehicle, the Tacoma has something to offer.
Interior and Technology
The 2021 Toyota Tacoma offers a comfortable and spacious cabin that is perfect for both daily commutes and weekend adventures. The interior has been designed with a focus on both comfort and convenience, ensuring that you have everything you need at your fingertips. Whether you are driving alone or with passengers, you will enjoy the quality and style of the 2021 Toyota Tacoma interior, complete with modern tech and safety features.
Comfort and Convenience
The 2021 Toyota Tacoma cabin is spacious, with plenty of legroom and headroom for all passengers. The seats are comfortable and supportive, ensuring a smooth ride even on long trips. The interior is also loaded with convenient features, such as power-adjustable seats, push-button start, and a touchscreen infotainment system. With available leather seats and a leather-wrapped steering wheel, the Tacoma’s interior exudes a sense of luxury and refinement that is difficult to match.
Entertainment and Connectivity
The 2021 Toyota Tacoma comes with a range of advanced connectivity and infotainment features that make every drive more enjoyable. The standard touchscreen infotainment system features Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Bluetooth connectivity. This allows you to easily access your favorite music, apps, and navigation while on the go. Other features include a premium JBL sound system, wireless phone charging, and an available panoramic view monitor for enhanced visibility.
Safety and Security
The 2021 Toyota Tacoma has been designed with advanced safety features that ensure your peace of mind while driving. The Tacoma features Toyota Safety Sense P, a suite of safety features that include adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, and automatic emergency braking. The Tacoma also comes with a pre-collision system with pedestrian detection, ensuring that you are protected in the event of an accident. Additional safety features include blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, and a backup camera for added convenience.
Performance and Capability
Known for its legendary durability, the 2021 Toyota Tacoma delivers impressive performance and capability across various driving conditions. From the engine and transmission options to the off-road performance, the Tacoma is designed to take on any challenge.
Engine and Transmission Options
Toyota offers two powerful engine options with the 2021 Tacoma. The standard engine is a 2.7-liter four-cylinder that delivers 159 horsepower and 180 lb-ft of torque. For those who need more power, Toyota provides a 3.5-liter V6 engine that produces 278 horsepower and 265 lb-ft of torque.
The 6-speed automatic transmission is standard for all Tacoma models, while a 6-speed manual transmission is also available for the TRD Sport and TRD Off-Road models. Both transmissions are smooth and responsive, ensuring a comfortable and efficient driving experience.
The Tacoma’s fuel economy is impressive considering its rugged capabilities. The base engine provides an EPA-estimated 20 mpg in the city and 23 mpg on the highway. The V6 engine offers an estimated 19 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway.
Towing and Payload Capacity
The 2021 Toyota Tacoma comes with a maximum towing capacity of 6,800 lbs and a maximum payload capacity of 1,440 lbs. The Tacoma’s towing capacity gives it the ability to haul cargo, trailers, boats, and other heavy loads with ease. The truck’s payload capacity also ensures that it can carry heavy cargo in its bed without compromising the ride quality.
The Tacoma’s Trailer Sway Control feature enhances safety by automatically applying brake pressure to individual wheels, thus keeping the trailer and the vehicle in a straight line during towing.
The optional Class IV towing receiver hitch, wiring harness, and transmission cooler are essential options for drivers who need to maximize the Tacoma’s towing capacity.
The 2021 Toyota Tacoma is designed for off-road adventure. The TRD Off-Road and TRD Pro models offer enhanced off-road capability. These models come with Multi-Terrain Select, which provides five traction control modes to tackle different terrains effectively. The Tacoma also features a Crawl Control System that regulates throttle and brakes to maintain low speeds and get through challenging terrain smoothly.
The TRD Sport model comes with a Bilstein shock absorber suspension, which provides excellent ride quality, especially when driving on uneven terrain. The TRD Pro version ups the game with extra features like a front skid plate, TRD-tuned fox shocks, and special off-road wheels wrapped in all-terrain tires for better traction.
In conclusion, the 2021 Toyota Tacoma is a versatile and capable truck that would serve as an excellent choice for drivers in need of a powerful, durable vehicle capable of handling tough challenges.
Pros and Cons
The 2021 Toyota Tacoma is one of the most popular midsize pickup trucks on the market, and for good reason. It offers a fantastic blend of capability, reliability, and comfort, making it a great choice for anyone in need of a versatile vehicle. Here are some of the key benefits of the 2021 Tacoma:
- Off-Road Capability: The Tacoma is known for its off-road prowess thanks to its durable construction, available four-wheel drive system, and advanced features like crawl control and locking differentials. This makes it a great choice for camping trips, outdoor adventures, and anyone who needs to tackle tough terrain on a regular basis.
- Durability: Toyota is renowned for building reliable vehicles, and the Tacoma is no exception. It’s built with high-quality materials and components, and features a proven track record of lasting for hundreds of thousands of miles with minimal issues. This makes it a great choice for anyone who wants a truck that will last for years to come.
- Comfort: While pickup trucks aren’t typically known for their comfort, the Tacoma offers a surprising amount of refinement. Its seats are spacious and supportive, and the interior is well-equipped with features like a touchscreen infotainment system, climate control, and more. This makes it a great choice for anyone who doesn’t want to sacrifice comfort for capability.
- Customizability: One of the best things about the Tacoma is how customizable it is. There are plenty of available options and accessories, allowing buyers to tailor their truck to their specific needs and preferences. Whether you want a truck for work, play, or a mix of both, the Tacoma can be configured to meet your needs.
While the 2021 Toyota Tacoma is a fantastic vehicle, it’s not without its drawbacks. Here are some of the most common complaints about the truck:
- Fuel Economy: Like most pickup trucks, the Tacoma isn’t the most fuel-efficient vehicle on the road. Its EPA rating of up to 20 MPG combined isn’t terrible, but it’s not great either. Buyers should be prepared to spend more on gas than they would with a smaller vehicle.
- Towing Capacity: While the Tacoma is a capable truck, its towing capacity is somewhat limited compared to some of its competitors. The base model can tow up to 3,500 pounds, while the V6 engine increases that to 6,800 pounds. This may be sufficient for many buyers, but those who need to tow heavier loads may want to look elsewhere.
- Ride Quality: The Tacoma’s off-road capability comes at a cost when it comes to ride quality. The truck can be somewhat rough and jittery on rough roads or at high speeds, making it less comfortable for some buyers.
Overall, the 2021 Toyota Tacoma is an excellent pickup truck that offers a lot of value for its price. It’s durable, capable, and comfortable, and it can be configured to meet a wide range of needs and preferences. However, it’s important to consider its drawbacks as well, such as its fuel economy and limited towing capacity. As with any vehicle purchase, it’s important to carefully weigh the pros and cons to determine whether the Tacoma is the right fit for your lifestyle and needs.
The new Toyota Tacoma 2021 has impressed many with its dynamic features and improvements over the previous generation. Here are some of the key takeaways from our review:
- The 2021 Toyota Tacoma comes with two robust engine options; V6 and 4-cylinder, both of which deliver impressive performance.
- Its excellent off-road ability and improved suspension allow this pickup to tackle harsh terrains comfortably.
- The Tacoma’s safety and tech features have also been upgraded, featuring a 7-inch infotainment system and standard safety technology including forward-collision warning and automatic emergency braking.
- The exterior redesign stands out, featuring a more rugged and aggressive front grille.
- Finally, the 2021 Tacoma comes in six trims, with various options to customize this midsize truck to your liking.
The Toyota Tacoma 2021 is an outstanding midsize pickup truck that is a great choice for anyone looking for a reliable and sturdy workhorse. This truck is ideal for adventurers who enjoy the off-road experience, making it an excellent vehicle for exploring rough terrains. The upgrades in technology and safety features also offer a level of comfort and convenience that is hard to find in this class of vehicles.
While there is stiff competition in the market, the Toyota Tacoma 2021 still manages to stand out. Its robust features and affordable price point make it an accessible option for many, as it offers a great balance between work and play. The Tacoma is a dependable vehicle that will get the job done, whether you are heading to a job site or a weekend camping adventure.
We recommend the 2021 Toyota Tacoma to anyone seeking a reliable and versatile pickup truck that is perfect for both work and play.
Thanks for Reading Our Guide!
We hope you found our Ultimate Guide to the Toyota Tacoma 2021 helpful and informative. We understand that buying a new vehicle can be a daunting task, but we are confident that the features and specs highlighted in this guide have given you a better understanding of what the Tacoma has to offer.
If you have any further questions, feel free to visit your local Toyota dealership. They have knowledgeable staff who can provide you with even more information about the Tacoma 2021. Thank you for taking the time to read our guide and we hope to see you again soon!
1. What colors are available for the Toyota Tacoma 2021?
The Tacoma 2021 comes with a variety of colors, including Super White, Magnetic Gray Metallic, Midnight Black, Barcelona Red Metallic, Quicksand, Silver Sky Metallic, Army Green, Cement, and Voodoo Blue.
2. What is the towing capacity of the Toyota Tacoma 2021?
The towing capacity of the Tacoma 2021 ranges from 3,500 pounds to 6,800 pounds, depending on the model and configuration.
3. Is the Toyota Tacoma 2021 available in a manual transmission?
No, the Tacoma 2021 does not come with a manual transmission. It only comes with a 6-speed automatic or 10-speed automatic transmission.
4. What is the starting price of the Toyota Tacoma 2021?
The starting price of the Tacoma 2021 ranges from $26,150 to $47,995, depending on the model and configuration.
5. Does the Toyota Tacoma 2021 come with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto?
Yes, all Tacoma 2021 models come standard with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
6. How many passengers can the Toyota Tacoma 2021 seat?
The Tacoma 2021 is a 5-seater vehicle, with two seats in the front and three in the back.
7. What is the fuel efficiency of the Toyota Tacoma 2021?
The fuel efficiency of the Tacoma 2021 ranges from 18-20 miles per gallon in the city, and 22-24 miles per gallon on the highway.
8. What is the bed length of the Toyota Tacoma 2021?
The bed length of the Tacoma 2021 varies depending on the model, with options ranging from 5 feet to 6.1 feet.
9. Is the Toyota Tacoma 2021 good for off-roading?
Yes, the Tacoma 2021 is an excellent choice for off-roading. It comes with features such as Hill Start Assist Control, Downhill Assist Control, and a Multi-Terrain Select system.
10. What are the safety features of the Toyota Tacoma 2021?
The Tacoma 2021 comes with a range of safety features including Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Departure Alert, Automatic High Beams, and a Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection.